Fall in Love with FACE atelier: Beauty Review

It’s been a while since I’ve done a beauty review. Since coming back to blogging, I’ve gotten more requests than I can handle, so expect more goodies to come! I was super excited to work with the PR team for FACE atelier. I had the pleasure of receiving the Ultra Skin Lightweight Foundation in 11.5 (new half shade) which is for women of color, in a cool brown, with yellow, green, and red undertones.

The brand is cruelty-free, and PETA and Leaping Bunny approved. The foundation is silicone-based (great for rosacea sufferers) and promises a satin finish, with light to medium buildable coverage. What I personally loved is that this foundation can be applied as a moisturizer. It comes in 11 shades – from lightest to richest complexion and is color-matched. Shades can be mixed to achieve perfect coverage.

Another great aspect is that you don’t need a primer or powder to set! It’s completely oil-free, fragrance-free and contains no SPF, so a good sunscreen is required!

My Experience

I absolutely loved this foundation. It went on so smooth and it truly is buildable. I literally washed my face, toned it, and then applied the Ultra Skin in place of my moisturizer and primer. And I didn’t use any setting powder (per recommendation).
It completely blended into my skin. My hands are way lighter than my face, but the match was still on point!  I made sure to use very little, as less is more! I even love down to the packaging because it’s travel-friendly.

Pro Tips for Usage

Start in the T-zone and work your way outward, while patting onto the skin (stippling) – rather than using long swipes. Reapply as needed for maximum coverage.

I highly recommend FACE atelier Ultra Skin foundation. Find your perfect match and style for flawless skin.

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

• Candy Kage

First being light weight really caught my attention. I use to wear liquid foundation all the time and they seem to get heavy after awhile so went to just powder. Not caring for that look so this would be great for my skin.

November 30, 2017 at 1:42 am
  • Robin Rue

That sounds like a great foundation. It is hard to find ones that are truly light-weight, so I would love to try this out based on your recommendation.

November 30, 2017 at 7:25 am
  • This sounds nice. I haven’t used foundation in ages, but I might be going to a holiday party, and I probably should. I have dark circles under my eyes that need to go away.

November 30, 2017 at 8:17 am
  • I have been using BB cream for a while now because it’s so light. I hate the feel of heavy foundations. However, I have to apply powder with BB cream. This stuff sounds really nice.

November 30, 2017 at 11:18 am

I love that it is lightweight. Most make up so I put on have such a heavy foundation that I feel like I’m wearing a mask. I will definitely check into this product.

November 30, 2017 at 1:15 pm
  • Doria Miyata Murphy

I love Face Atelier! Their Ultra Skin is really fabulous, the finish is so skin-like and beautiful <3

November 30, 2017 at 2:04 pm
  • Tomi_C

With 11 shades you’re sure to find a shade or be able to blend a shade to match your skin tone. I always have a difficult time finding that “perfect” shade.

November 30, 2017 at 3:34 pm
  • I think I need to change my foundation to something that is more like a tinted moisturizer. I’ve done it before, but whatever brand I chose made my skin look really orangish, that’s probably why I switched back to foundation make-up, but I really would love to go with a tinted moisturizer instead.

November 30, 2017 at 4:21 pm
  • That Ultra Skin Lightweight Foundation seems awesome. I’ll definitely have to check it out. It’s so hard fining makeup that matches by skin tone (I’m mixed so my skin is like a natural tan but a little bit darker!).

November 30, 2017 at 4:40 pm
  • valmg

Less is more is a good thing when it comes to foundation! I am not a fan of having to pile it on. It looks natural on you.

November 30, 2017 at 5:49 pm
  • I need a new foundation. Lately I am loving CC creams as they look more natural.

November 30, 2017 at 6:12 pm
  • This sounds like a wonderful product. I would love to try this! I am always looking for new beauty products to try during the winter.

November 30, 2017 at 6:28 pm
  • Pam

This sounds like a really good foundation. I love that it is silicone based, those always make my skin look so nice.

November 30, 2017 at 8:38 pm
  • Claudia Krusch

I have been looking for a new foundation for this winter. I will have to give FACE atelier Ultra Skin foundation a try. I like that it is a buildable coverage.

November 30, 2017 at 9:49 pm
  • Vyjay Rao

This sounds like a good foundation. I like the fact that it is oil free and also has no fragrance. Looks like a promising product.

December 1, 2017 at 2:02 am
  • Meremoi

Sounds like a product to look into! I love makeup that leaves a more natural look, less truly is more! The pro tips on the bottom are a useful addition.

December 1, 2017 at 9:51 am
  • It looks like you have found the perfect foundation for you. It is so hard to find something that blends is without too much buildup.

December 1, 2017 at 1:05 pm
  • Acasha

That foundation looks like my color! I love a good foundation, I might have to give them a try!!

December 1, 2017 at 2:18 pm
  • OhNikka

I would love to try this line!! I’m always looking for the next best makeup!

December 1, 2017 at 8:12 pm
  • Leslie

This looks like something tha would work for me and my skin! Thanks for sharing.

December 2, 2017 at 7:33 pm
  • Lia Miller-Spicer

Not a make-up girl but these colors seem like they are made for me. Thank you

December 3, 2017 at 10:14 am
  • I have a hard time matching my skin tone. This make up is all new to me, I’ve never even heard of it before. For a good foundation for my color of brown would be a dream come true.

December 3, 2017 at 10:23 pm
  • I would love a lightweight foundation. I HATe the thick liquids I’ve had in the past. They create a whole new layer on your skin that does nothing more than clog pores. I’ve never felt pretty with heavy makeup on my face.

December 4, 2017 at 3:51 am
  • Pretty! I need to update my makeup soon. I haven’t done anything new for at least 15 years!

December 4, 2017 at 8:08 am
  • Wow you dont need a primer to set it. Thats great one less step!

December 4, 2017 at 8:31 am
  • Joyce Brewer

I’d love to see how this looks on a full face with other makeup. I’m always looking for new foundations that have an array of shades for women of color.

December 4, 2017 at 1:11 pm
  • Crystal Lewis

I just started wearing foundation, as I’ve gotten *ahem* more mature. I’m still looking for that perfect shade and coverage. I’ll have to check this out.

December 10, 2017 at 7:24 am