Iconic Women Who Empower Us to Step Out Boldly in Style

Beyonce said it best when she debuted “Run the World.” It’s like the earth opened and unveiled an avalanche of female empowerment. No longer are we sitting in silence, hoping for a new day to dawn, aspiring to achieve! No, that’s a thing of the past. Like a bad first date. Instead, we can turn on the tv, the radio or head to the internet, to indulge ourselves in a collection of elite fashion icons, who motivate and empower us to live our best, beautifully, fashionably, in style.

Every woman has a style mentor – influential women of style, who inspires us to live our best lives while looking fabulous. When I think about fashion and beauty icons, I reminisce on my list of women in power: Rihanna, Michelle Obama, Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, Zendaya, Janelle Monae, Taraji Henson, and Amal Clooney.

Rihanna

Rihanna at the annual Diamond Ball in New York.

Rihanna is such an inspiration for all women. She’s an ambassador for change, as she’s shattering glass ceilings within the beauty industry. Her approach to style is definitely innovative, just like her brand Fenty.

Michelle Obama

Michelle Obama is the epiphany of a woman of powerful influence. She’s a top influencer of empowerment for girls and women. Her style is extremely classical, with a twist of modern chic.

Beyonce

Beyonce is such a motivational powerhouse. Her brand and style speak to every generation in such a way that makes being grown and sexy, playful, yet tempting. I consider her a fashion seductress, who proves that you can have it all – fame, fortune and family!

Kim Kardashian

Photo Credit: Met Gala 2015, Vogue

Kim has come a long way with her style. She gives such simplicity that the everyday woman can relate too. She sets some of the trendiest beauty looks that can work great, head-to-toe, day to night looks. She is such a style role model, that she’s inspired her own little sister, Kylie, to mimic her looks.

Zendaya

Newcomer and trailblazer, Zendaya brings millennials a chic appeal to street style. Her evening looks are very breathtakingly whimsical, reminiscent of a fairytale. Her beauty and style match her personality, inside and out!

Janelle Monae

Janelle Monae brings is an example of how classical meets soulfully eclectic. She’s an icon of inspiration, in beauty and style, especially for women of color. Her unique appeal displays her passion for “not fitting in” so remarkably.

Taraji Henson

Photo Credit: Golden Globe Awards, theskinnystiletto.com

Some of Taraji’s best styles are seen trending on Empire. She makes entrepreneurship and leadership look boss-chic. Her go-getter attitude makes being ambitious a must! She proves that you’re never too old to be who you’ve always wanted to be.

Amal Clooney

Photo Credit: HELLO! Fashion Monthly

Amal is very career-centric. Her style commands attention when she walks into a room, effortlessly, while representing and reaching out to the “woman” we all wish we could become.

At the end of the day, fashion and beauty are our motivators. They allow us to not only find out who we are but define us. Clothes and makeup don’t make the woman, but her style allows us to understand the statement she wants to imprint on the world.

SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

• Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle

I love, love, LOVE this! Empowerment can extend to how we present ourselves as well as how we do what we do. Amazing!

October 25, 2017 at 11:48 am
  • Danielle

This is fantastic! It makes me want to up my style game. I like to think I’m pretty well put together and classy, but I am a bit vanilla.

October 25, 2017 at 11:52 am
  • Michelle Obama is definitely a style icon – I miss having her in the White House. I really like Taraji in Empire, and I agree with you that she’s a style icon as well. And Amal Clooney always dresses chic and stylish.

October 25, 2017 at 11:59 am
  • I love Michelle Obama’s style as well as Taraji Henson! Both ladies have such class! All of these ladies are gorgeous and powerful! I just love empowered women!

October 25, 2017 at 1:18 pm
  • Great list, I’m here for these ladies. I don’t know much about Amal, but her dress in this picture is dope.

October 25, 2017 at 8:32 pm
  • beckyryanwillis

Wow so many powerful, career minded and beautiful women all on one page. I love how you talked about each one and highlighted them and their fashion sense too. Great post I really enjoyed it.

October 25, 2017 at 9:49 pm
  • I love fashion and I totally agree that what we wear can define who we are. I find that I feel much better about myself when I take the time to look pretty/nice. 😉

October 25, 2017 at 10:02 pm
  • I love both fashion and powerful women and you have rounded up the best of both worlds today!! LOVE this post!!

October 26, 2017 at 7:08 am
  • Gwen Mulholland

What we wear can certainly define who we are. Dressing up usually empowers women because they are feeling so great about themselves.

October 26, 2017 at 7:12 am
  • Melissa Dixon

There are some really pretty dresses here. I have never been one to care too much about how I look but when I do take those extra steps to look great, I do feel better.

October 26, 2017 at 10:24 am
  • Censie 'Mumby' Sawyer

Beautiful strong women. I love that most of these women flaunt their beauty without totally showcasing their bodies. Makes them even more beautiful. Michelle Obama is simply amazing.

October 26, 2017 at 10:35 am
  • Jennifer G

I love fashion! What I wear totally dictates how I feel. I need to make sure that I feel good in what I wear.

October 26, 2017 at 11:37 am
  • You have so many of my faves on this list. I think Rih’s look is one of my ultimate favourites from her .

October 26, 2017 at 2:46 pm
  • supermombrett

You included most of my most favorite female icons in this post! I love that so many women are inspiring others. Michele Obama is one of my all time favorite humans and I would love for her to help dress me. I am NOT fashionable.

October 26, 2017 at 4:02 pm
  • Cyn Gagen

I just love Michelle Obama’s style. She really knows how to pick clothing appropriate to the occasion and that suits her really well without being stodgy.

October 26, 2017 at 8:08 pm
  • Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place

Those women are all an inspiration not just with their style but with their achievements as well. I love how Janelle and Taraji dresses the most among these women.

October 26, 2017 at 9:22 pm
  • Randa

I think my style is closest to Michelle Obama’s – well it would be if I had all those fancy places to go. Otherwise I’m a yoga pants kind of person. 😉

October 26, 2017 at 10:07 pm
  • Sundaes & Flip Flops

What a wonderful list of inspiration women! I’m a huge fan of many of them and agree that they are truly iconic.

October 27, 2017 at 1:38 am
  • Sheena Steward

Very iconic, influential and powerful women. Michelle Obama has such style and grace.

October 27, 2017 at 10:42 am
  • Lynn Dee

This is such a great list of powerful women. I have always loved Michelle Obama’s style – classical with a twist of modern chic.

October 27, 2017 at 2:05 pm
  • strangedaze

Very inspirational! Love Michelle Obama and Zendaya too. Love their style.

October 28, 2017 at 4:19 am
  • strangedaze

Such fabulous style and strength. Love Michelle Obama and Zendaya’s fashion. Inspirational!

October 28, 2017 at 5:18 am
  • This is literally the ultimate list! I love Rihanna and Zendaya’s style.

October 28, 2017 at 10:49 am
  • Adaleta Avdic

This is amazing, we should all step out and dress how we feel powerful. All of these woman are amazing and look stunning!

October 28, 2017 at 1:19 pm
  • Tisha Miltiades

I am SO here for this list! most importantly for Zendaya- she’s such an inspiration in every way! Great post!

October 29, 2017 at 9:15 am
  • Carissa

Great List of Women!!!! I LOVE Michelle Obama and Zendaya! I love the style and realness of Taraji also!!!

October 29, 2017 at 12:23 pm
  • Terri Huggins

All these women look amazing. I’m especially feeling Rihanna’s look. She is truly a showstopper

October 29, 2017 at 7:02 pm
  • Great list! I would add Solange to the list too.

October 29, 2017 at 8:55 pm
  • I love this list. These women always look amazing.

October 30, 2017 at 2:30 am
  • Janelle Monae’s dress is sooooooooooo me. I love everything about it.

October 30, 2017 at 9:31 am
  • Tiffany Heard

These women look great, I love there fashion styles! Fierce and Fabulous comes to mind.

October 30, 2017 at 1:36 pm
  • Ashley Lya

This post was pretty spot on! All these women have immaculate style and grace… couldnt agree more! xoxo

November 1, 2017 at 12:29 am
  • Yess ladies! I have always been impressed by Michelle’s style and grace both inside and outside. Taraji always gives me hairstyles that I love.

November 1, 2017 at 8:18 am
  • Kirstin Fuller

I’ve always loved First Lady’s style along with Beyonce and Rihanna. Amal Clooney has definitely had some fabulous style moments. I remember the flower print dress she wore during her wedding weekend, it was #Fabulous.

November 10, 2017 at 6:11 pm