Beyond Basic: My Weekend and Future Direction of Queens of Virtue

Beloveds.

This past Sunday, I received confirmation that I am free to be exactly who I’ve always dreamt of being. My past is exactly where it belongs, as the former shell of a broken woman, who desperately desired to belong, is no longer a part of me. I no longer chase opportunities. Instead, I create them! This feeling is beyond words.

On September 8, 2017, I gave my entrepreneurial venture 110%. I committed to working on Travel. Beauty. Style. every day. I am happy to report that I witnessed an enormous burst of growth. It took me by surprise. However, I realized that I needed to witness this growth, as it gave me such confidence. Self-doubt was always an issue for me. Seeing myself as the queen that I am, makes all the difference and it’s priceless.

I have been busy behind the scenes, setting up goals for the direction of my brand. I am in the process of launching several goodies for 2018. I cannot wait to share all the greatness with you, as soon as all the pieces are in place! I can say, that I will be looking to partner with my fellow blogging babes. One of the goodies requires a powerful team of women. And for my beauties of color, I will be reaching out to you, so we can unite for us to empower travel to our young sisters, through our own experience – the good and the bad!

Plans for a Wanderful Weekend

Can you tell I’m excited? I am about to head to Poconos Spring Camp in East Stroudsburg, PA, for three days, from October 6 – 9, of AH-MAH-ZING!

Here is a rundown of our activities!

Friday, October 6
3 pm – 6 pm Arrival and check-in
6:30 pm – 7:15 pm Orientation and dinner
Stick around for travel conversation cards brought to you by Hostelling International.
Dining Hall
8 pm Evening campfire + s’mores Lower Side Fire Pit

Saturday, October 7
8:00 am – 8:30 am Breakfast  Dining Hall
8:30 am Morning welcome Dining Hall
9 am – 10:30 am Bullet Journaling 101: Building Your Perfect Journal with Natasha Stoppel Theater Classroom 1
Yoga with Alyssa Johnson Lawn
10:30 am Break
11 am – 12:30 pm Travel budgeting workshop with Deidre Mathis Theater Classroom 1
Travel Workouts on the Go with Alisha Fuller Lawn
1 pm – 1:30pm Lunch  Dining Hall
2 pm – 3:30 pm Making the Leap to Live Abroad: How to Become an Expat* with Stephanie Kempker Theater Classroom 1
Travel Photography for the Curious Soul with Suzanne Merritt Theater Classroom 2
3:30 pm – 6 pm Community Time Around camp!
6:30 pm – 7:15 pm Dinner is served
Stick around for board games and other group fun.
Dining Hall
8 pm Evening campfire + s’mores Lower Side Fire Pit

Sunday, October 8
8:00 am – 8:30 am Breakfast Dining Hall
8:30 am Morning welcome Dining Hall
9 am – 10:30 am Travel packing workshop with Sara Weiskotten Theater Classroom 1
Yoga and Self Care with Josie Santiago Lawn
10:30 am Break
11 am – 12:30 pm Creatively Documenting your Travels to Capture & Share your Unique Story with Stephanie Vail Theater Classroom 2
Introduction to the Brazilian Martial Art of Capoeira with Nailah Hayward Lawn
1 pm – 1:30pm Lunch Dining Hall
2 pm – 6 pm Community Time + optional trail hike guided by Christine Around camp!
6:30 pm – 7:15 pm Dinner is served

Dining Hall
7:45 pm Community Night: Story Slam Lower Side Story Cabin (behind health center)

Monday, October 9
8:00 am – 8:30 am Breakfast  Dining Hall
8:30 am Morning welcome Dining Hall
9 am – 10:30 am Italian language with Rachelle Jackson Theater Classroom 1
How to Write about Travel with Jenna Thomas Theater Classroom 2
10:30 am Break
11 am – 12:30 pm Solo Travel for Women 101 with Beth Santos Theater Classroom 1
DIY Souvenirs with Allyson Prock Theater Classroom 2
1 pm – 1:30 pm Farewell picnic (grab and go boxed lunches) Dining Hall/Lawn
3 pm Check out

I advise you to stay plugged into my Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as I will be sharing some “live” moments. Next week, I will post the entire experience and valuable takeaways.

The Future of Queens of Virtue

We have officially partnered with TripSmash. We are currently working out the kinks and logistics, however – I am happy to announce our ambassadorship for this amazing travel app. Their mission completely aligns with ours, as they believe that “travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness”- Mark Twain. TripSmash helps travelers plan their journey with family, friends, and coworkers, keeping you organized and in sync.

I can’t wait to spend more time with you all, as I continue to do what I love…making my passion, my lifestyle!

XOXO,

Sapphire Kharyzma

Comments

• Robin Rue

That sounds like a super fun itinerary! I love when my weekends are planned out for me before I go somewhere. It makes it easier to know that I have plans and don’t have to wing it.

October 5, 2017 at 7:09 am
  • It looks like you’ll be having a blast! I hope you have a wonderful time. I’m sure you will. I personally love going places and having meals made for me since I hate to cook 😉 That’s one of the plusses of traveling for me!

October 5, 2017 at 8:26 am
  • This looks like a great camp plan! I love traveling and would love to get some of this information!

October 5, 2017 at 8:41 am
  • Tomi_C

Enjoy Wanderlust! What a full itinerary. I’m heading to a blogging conference next weekend in Chicago and I am super excited. Can’t wait to read your Wanderlust Wrap Up!

October 5, 2017 at 9:11 am
  • Your GIFS (memes?) are tooooo cute, and I can already tell you will have a blast this weekend. I’ve never been to the Poconos, but I hear it is wonderful and the itinerary looks like it will be a lot of fun and have super traveling tips, as well. Wish I were going!
    Now, I have to go find out how to make adorable gifs like yours!

October 5, 2017 at 9:25 am
  • Sounds like an incredible weekend with so many great workshops and classes…have fun.

October 5, 2017 at 9:55 am

This looks like it’s going to be a pretty awesome event. There’s a lot to learn and events stuff that you would never thought of before. I can’t wait to hear what you have learned after you have gone.

October 5, 2017 at 10:22 am
  • Candy Kage

Have a wonderful time and learn much to put to great use when you return home.

October 5, 2017 at 11:22 am
  • Ashley Gervin

Sounds like such an amazing event! I wish I could drag my boyfriend to something like this but he never seems to have the time! Maybe next year! It would be a lot of fun!

October 5, 2017 at 11:36 am
  • Leah

This totally sounds like a really amazing event! I can’t wait to hear about all the stuff you learned. I’d love to attend something like this.

October 5, 2017 at 12:53 pm
  • Rachel Akers

It sounds like it will be a fun event. Have a blast and I can’t wait to hear about how it went.

October 5, 2017 at 1:27 pm
  • chubskulit

My husband has been to Poconos and he said it was beautiful out there. I am sure you will have fun!

October 5, 2017 at 2:03 pm
  • Gisele Gamble

This sounds like a lot of fun! I’m sure the scenery is gorgeous as well. Maybe I can do this sometime in the future.

October 5, 2017 at 2:35 pm
  • Mommy Moment

Sounds like you will have a fantastic time. I’m sure you will learn lots and also have some time for some relaxation. Enjoy!!

October 5, 2017 at 3:05 pm
  • I am so happy for you and excited! Also excited to see what you have in store! I am very happy that you decided to create opportunity instead of chasing it! The funny thing is, it takes far less ENERGY even if it is at first, more work.

October 5, 2017 at 4:15 pm
  • All of the classes and events you’re going to sound like fun. I think this is going to be a really good trip!

October 5, 2017 at 5:21 pm
  • Censie 'Mumby' Sawyer

This looks amazing!! I have never been to the Poconos and I want to go so bad. I hope you do some posts on traveling there!! It looks liek you are going to have fun. What a great event and opportunity!!

October 5, 2017 at 6:16 pm
  • Pam

This sounds like an awesome event. There are so many fun and helpful workshops that will going on!

October 5, 2017 at 6:34 pm
  • I loved the Poconos every time I went. There is so much to see and do in that area. We were there within the last few months.

October 5, 2017 at 6:54 pm
  • This looks like a great event. I cant wait for you to blog about your experience. This is something I myself would love to take part in.

October 5, 2017 at 7:30 pm
  • Sharon Koenig

Wow, that sounds like a once-in-a-lifetime experience! I hope you enjoy yourself! P.S… those GIFs are ADORABLE.

October 5, 2017 at 7:59 pm
  • What an awesome ambassadorship to be a part of. You have a full agenda set up for you. I know you will have loads of fun.

October 5, 2017 at 8:47 pm
  • Amanda

Sounds like you have a bright and amazing future ahead for your brand. I must tell you, you took your first steps on my birthday so I am hoping to send my good luck birthday vibes your way!

October 5, 2017 at 10:48 pm
  • OH my goodness. It looks like it will be a great event and provide you the opportunity to do the things you desire. Enjoy it and make great connections.

October 6, 2017 at 8:57 am
  • I am so so jealous right now! The itinerary seems like it was made for me!! Congrats and enjoy!

October 6, 2017 at 9:30 am
  • Debra Hawkins

What an amazing opportunity! It sounds like such a great way to unwind and to learn all at once!

October 6, 2017 at 10:10 am
  • Kimberly @ Berly's Kitchen

Sounds like this will be amazing! You will have a blast. Congratulations. 🙂

October 6, 2017 at 10:49 am
  • Kimberly @ Berly's Kitchen

Oops! I hit post before I was finished….It’s awesome that you have the opportunity to put forth 100% of your time/effort towards building your brand and doing what you love. Good luck. I’m sure it will be awesome.

October 6, 2017 at 10:51 am
  • Elizabeth O

Wow!! It looks like a one in a lifetime experience. Congratulations to you and enjoy.

October 6, 2017 at 12:52 pm
  • Kelly Reci

Wow!!! Such an awesome schedule. It looks like a great opportunity to you. Have a great time.

October 6, 2017 at 1:30 pm
  • That is awesome you are seeing results and doing exactly what you want to do! Have fun at the camp, that is a ton of really fun and interesting topics. The itinerary looks packed!

October 6, 2017 at 3:36 pm
  • This looks like a lot of fun and I could use some relaxing yoga this weekend! Hope you have an awesome time!

October 6, 2017 at 4:34 pm
  • Angela Milnes

enjoy your weekend. I love going to retreats like this and it can be so refreshing.

October 8, 2017 at 1:16 pm
  • Karlyn Cruz

Your posts are so motivational because there’s so much passion in each one. You deserve this opportunity and I hope you have tons of fun! I can’t wait to hear more!

October 9, 2017 at 12:55 am
  • What a weekend plan. Amazing indeed. Fun and exciting!

October 9, 2017 at 11:49 am
  • Ah ha ha ha ah aha First off – the memes make me wanna meet you because I know we would be besties. Secondly this weekend get together/get away looks bomb and kind of, sort of reminds me of summer camp, haha!

October 12, 2017 at 9:02 am