Summertime is by far one of the harshest seasons when it comes to beauty! Cute cuts and hot weather can prove really tricky when spending time near the pool, beach or lake. This can ultimately give our skin and hair a beating. Being a spa enthusiast, I figured…who better to give my lovely readers some chic DIY tricks than Josie Feria, Director of Spa Operations at Lapis Spa at the Fontainebleau? These tips are replicates of spa treatments provided by Lapis — designed to whip our skin, hair, and hands back into tip-top shape.
DIY Treatment For Healthy Hair:
- Take lemon juice and warm green tea and mix mixture; apply mixture to scalp with brush or applicator as you separate hair and pour remaining amount through hair
- Allow mixture to remain on scalp for a few minutes- the tea and lemon work as an astringent to cleanse scalp and hair follicles
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water and apply a combination of plain yogurt and avocado –mix 2 parts fresh avocado and 2 parts yogurt and massage into the hair in circular motions to relax the scalp and stimulate hair growth
- Gently massage temples and base of scalp line. Place plastic shower cap on hair and wrap in warm towel for 10 minutes or until towel cools off
Lapis comparable service: Rescue My Hair
DIY Treatment For A Touchable Face:
- Prepare pot of boiling water with several bags of chamomile tea – allow tea to steep and release benefits into water
- Place face over steaming pot and cover head with a towel to trap steam. You are stimulating the benefits of a steam room.
- Place cucumbers or icy chamomile tea bags well squeezed – on eyes to reduce puffiness
- Dab off excess moisture and apply scrub cream to face in gentle circular and upward motions to face, neck and chest. Place emphasis on beard and neck to help lift any ingrown facial hairs
- Rinse thoroughly with warm moist washcloth and apply witch hazel or rose or lavender water with spray or cotton pad
- Apply moisture lotion or cream in upward, relaxing massage strokes placing slight pressure on temples and under forehead bridge line to release tension and ease pain
- Instant result is clean, shiny skin with improved texture and appearance
Lapis comparable service: Facial
DIY Treatment For Soft Hands:
- Buff and moisturize rough skin using a scrub cream and oil or body lotion
- Mix 4 parts kosher or sea salt with 1 part warm grapeseed oil, canola oil or olive oil and mix into a paste
- Massage into hands in upward strokes and in circular motion
- Remove with a warm/wet towel and follow with nail care by pushing back cuticle using an orange stick and filing rough nail edges with Emory board. Follow hand massage with body or hand lotion
- Wrap hands in warm cotton gloves or place in plastic bags and wrap with warm towels – instant result is skin that’s clean, soft and luxurious
Lapis comparable service: Spalicious Manicure
When she’s not traveling the world, she enjoys planting the seeds of growth and prosperity for small businesses and entrepreneurs. She’s an accredited Travel Advisor, who specializes in Caribbean and Luxury ventures.She's a travel marketing expert, who loves to make her passions her paycheck while teaching women to do the same.