Top 10 Natural Beauty Hair Must-Haves Fit for a Queen

Beloveds, I figured, why not share some of my favorite beauty must-haves, in the hair category? Based on ingredients, properties, and benefits – such as how it can improve my “hair situation” – all attribute…to me, choosing beauty products for review and feature. I rarely chase trends, unless I’m piqued enough to do a beauty challenge. I rate based on my hair’s behavior and appearance (frizzy, limp, dull, curly- coils, full, etc).

The following natural beauty products have proven more than reliable when it came to the many moods of my 4a tresses! This includes the humidity, UV exposure, and the harshness of the outdoor environment I am in. So, it’s my pleasure to introduce to you, my top 10 natural beauty must-haves…*Drum roll plz*

10. Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizing Twist and Lock Gel

Beauty Hypothesis (what it does, according to brand’s claims)

“Made with 100% Pure Shea Butter and formulated without chemicals or harsh ingredients, Cantu for Natural Hair restores your real, authentic beauty. Embrace your curly, kinky, or wavy hair with Cantu for Natural Hair.”  A+

Beauty Conclusion
This worked well for me over the summer. The gel did perform great, taming my frizzies, and refreshing my edges. Worked best on wet hair, but does a fine job on dry, “neatening” my edge, all around. Go easy on the amount you use, as moderation is key. Works amazing on curls, and great on definition. Check out the review and tutorial on Steel Feather, Lace Elephant.

Beauty Tip
To avoid morning hair nightmares, I try to smooth a dose of shea or argan oil through my tresses, beforing tying them down at night. This makes taming and molding my locks, so super sweet… The definition is always appealing! Overall Grade: A

9. Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk w/Coconut Oil, Silk Protein & Neem Oil

Beauty Hypothesis

“Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk has coconut oil, silk protein and neem oil that adds moisture, body and shine to your curls. Keeps curly hair frizz-free, shiny and healthy.” A+

Beauty Conclusion
I am an avid Shea Moisture fan, so whenever there’s a new collection, I am eager to try! I trust the brands, and have had success with the products my family and I used! I loved the feel of my damp locks, in addition to the shine. My ends curled with full, bouncy, softness. Hair looked and felt great, and dried without frizz.

Beauty Tip
I wash, and (sometimes) condition my hair, then prep for styling with curl and style milk. Smooth on, from root-to-tip. Twist/style, then allow to air dry. I usually finish fierce with Argan Oil. My coily locks can get really dry and frizzy, so refreshing with added shine and moisture…best way to start your morning hair routine! On my children’s natural tresses, it leaves smiles and receive raves from my satisfied junior beauty ambassadors (which prior to, wasn’t the case).   Overall Grade: A+

8. Shea Moisture Yucca and Baobab Thickening Shampoo & Organic Yucca Growth Milk (Yucca & Aloe)

Beauty Hypothesis

“This product is for thin, fine hair and is color-safe. It thickens, volumizes and softens. This product does not contain parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, animal testing, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, animal ingredients or sulfates.”  A+

Beauty Conclusion
The stress of 2013 had my mane thinning at the roots, looking dull, lifeless, and overall lifeless :-(. Then Shea Moisture to the rescue. My fragile tresses waste no time signaling me, how unhappy it was prior to using this brand’s shampoos. My mane responded to the shampoo. The sudsy creme formula was smooth, as it cleaned my tresses and scalp. It washes clean out, leaving no residue. Over a period of 2 months (8 washes, one per week), I noticed my locks appeared and felt fuller. It had great volume and vivid bright color (it’s color safe).

Growth Milk, much like the Curl & Style Milk, was applied to my damp, towel-dried locs, after shampooing. Growth Milk, in combination with the thickening shampoo, worked amazingly. I smoothed on at night time, before tying my tresses down (using a satin or cotton wrap) for bed. My hair volume did indeed increase. This collection is a definite must for thin or thinning hair.

Beauty Tip
Massage Argan Oil, gently onto scalp, every night, between washes, keeps roots nouished and healthy. Pure Argan Oil won’t clog pores, as it conditions and protects.. Overall Grade: A+

7. Shea Moisture Raw Moisture Retention Shampoo w/ Sea Kelp and Argan Oil

Beauty Hypothesis

Organic raw shea butter moisture retention shampoo used For: Repairing, Strengthening, Hair Regrowth. Can be used on all hair types. Contain Argan Oil and Shea Butter.” A+

Beauty Conclusion
I have to admit, I truly obsess over healthy, moisturized, thick hair! Shea Butter and Argan Oil are my super beauty weapons of choice. Somehow, you can’t go wrong with this power combo. Many of the other brand’s shampoo, strip hair, leaving them dull, weak and lifeless. This shampoo cleans thoroughly, as it adds moisture. My locks weren’t coarse, frizzy, dry, or dull. I used in combo with the Yucca and Baobab Thickening Shampoo, for 8 weeks. My hair had great volume & shine and was very receptive to me molding and shaping it into my desired look. Overall Grade: A+

6. Carol’s Daughter Lisa’s Hair Elixir

Beauty Hypothesis

“Carol’s Daughter lisa’s hair elixir restoring hair oil, is a fan favorite hair oil, which takes care of the last two phases as it rebalances and soothes the scalp. Basil oil strengthens, mint oil rejuvenates and eucalyptus oil clarifies.” A+

Beauty Conclusion
I remember Carol’s Daughter, when Lisa Price cooked her products in her kitchen in Brooklyn, NY. The packaging was a stick-on label and product’s name was handwritten on it. I was excited to see her in Sephora, Macy’s; with her many retail shops and online (Amazon). This miracle oil conditions the scalp, as it tingles with rebalancing powers. This definite beauty must-have is the cherry on top – of my SPAtacular Sundays. Sundays are the one day of the week, I try my best to relax, rejuvenate, and prep myself for the week ahead. This SPAtacular find is perfect to combat midweek blues. It has a great shine effect as well. It washes residue, clean out. Overall Grade: A+

5. Pantene Truly Natural Collection

Beauty Hypothesis

“Pantene’s Truly Natural Line is a line of products designed to help manage your natural hair. Pantene knows that your hair has a unique structure with distinctive twists & turns so hair can knot and be unmanageable.” A.

Beauty Conclusion
I had an amazing time, with my Pantene Truly NaturalClarifying Shampoo, Deep Conditioner, Defining Curls Styling Custard, and Shine Serum w/ Argan Oil. This campaign was sponsored by POPSUGAR Select & Pantene. My hair looked and felt great. It wasn’t harsh, contained safer ingredients, compared to other brands, and cleaned, conditioned, and brightened my tresses. Overall Grade: A

4. Organix Argan Oil and Shea Butter

Beauty Hypothesis

“Indulge your senses with this creamy blend of moisturizing shea butter to balance hair and scalp while weightless argan oil restores luster and shine, giving you silky smooth strands/softens your natural curls for hydrated perfection.” A

Beauty Conclusion
This chic little must-have works perfect for finishing fierce or as a touchup refresher, midweek. It contains Argan Oil and Shea Butter (my faves), it’s not too greasy, not sticky and works great on adding vibrant shine.

Beauty Tip…I love to use after I washed and styled my coily tresses. Use on damp or dry hair. I personally prefer using on my damp hair as it seals in the moisture, as it air dry. Overall Grade: A+

3. Organix Argan Oil of Morocco

Beauty Hypothesis

“An extra powerful blend of Moroccan argan oil to deeply heal, smooth and restore luster to damaged, dry and coarse hair. Beauty pure and simple. It’s the perfect indulgence for soft, seductive, silky perfection in an intense hydrating formula custom made for dry, coarse hair. This exotic precious blend of extra strength Moroccan argan oil specially formulated for coarse hair, penetrates, moisturizes, renews, and creates softness and strength. While protecting your hair from harmful styling heat and UV damage, it gives you smooth, sexy tresses.This rare formula has a centuries-old history of providing natural vitamin E and antioxidants while renewing your hair’s cell structure, sealing in shine, and creating lush softness. Not tested on animals.” A+

Beauty Conclusion
This oil is super convenient, as you spray it on. Spritz on from root-to-tip, to add flawless shine. Works and smells great. Overall Grade: A+

2. Cleopatra’s Choice 100% Organic African Shea Butter

Beauty Hypothesis

“Highly moisturizing and beneficial for Hair & Skin health and beauty, raw & unprocessed100% Pure, Natural & Organic. Highest Quality. Fair Trade Guaranteed, Sustainable Farming.” A+

Beauty Conclusion
Shopping for products that give back, is my huge passion of mine. I love the fact that this product is fair trade, cruelty-free, and sustainably farmed. I get a high-quality product while giving back to the families of the farmers. This product is boasting with moisturizing and healing properties. Great for fusing for DIY concoctions. Overall Grade: A+

1. Creme of Nature Argan Oil Perfect Edges Control Hair Gel

Beauty Hypothesis

“Perfect Edges hair gel, infused with Argan Oil, controls and holds down edges, while moisturizing and adding Exotic Shine to hair. This nutrient-rich formula makes hair stronger and gives superior hold without flaking. Perfect for creating sleek, smooth styles, ponytails, sculpting & styling the hair. Perfect for smoothing and molding the edges, nape & sides of short hair cut styles. Can also be used to spike and shape short hair.” A+

Beauty Conclusion
This little must-have is guaranteed to be found in my chic beauty bag. I’m totally obsessed with this beauty innovation. It works great on damp hair, and perfect on dry hair. I use to retwist my tresses, after washing – and as a refresher midweek. It’s non-flakey and nongreasy, with a strong hold, yet it’s not stiff to the touch.
Overall Grade: A+

So there you have it. The top 10 beauty must-have, in the “Hair” category. Which is your fave? Share your thoughts & comments below!

SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

• Robin Rue

This sounds like an awesome line of hair care products. I am always looking for new things to try on my hair. I need to try these.

October 2, 2017 at 8:44 am
  • Alli Smith

My hair is so dry, especially during the winter months. I need to try a few of these hair products. I need to switch things up.

October 2, 2017 at 9:00 am
  • These are some great products. I’ve used a few of these but there are so many more that I would love to check out. Thanks for sharing.

October 2, 2017 at 9:10 am
  • valmg

I haven’t tried any of these products yet. I like clarifying products as I have thin, oily hair so the Pantene Clarifying Shampoo sounds really appealing to me.

October 2, 2017 at 9:18 am
  • Candy Kage

I can’t keep up with all the different hair care products. Nice to read and see what other people think before heading out to find just what I need for my hair.

October 2, 2017 at 9:41 am
  • Lakisha25@gmail.com

I’m a lover of most things Shea Moisture and love Cantu for my daughter. Great reviews on a few of the brands that I’ve seen but never tried.

October 2, 2017 at 10:44 am
  • I’ve heard such amazing things about the Carol’s Daughter and Shea Moisture lines. I have tried the Organix Argan Oil of Morocco line in the past, it smells amazing!

October 2, 2017 at 10:52 am
  • Nice! I have used a few of these before. I am running low in products now. Great list.

October 2, 2017 at 11:20 am
  • This all looks like great products for hair. I know I’ve tried a few of these. I’ve always liked the Organix brand.

October 2, 2017 at 11:58 am

I can use a lot of these products. My hair is flat as can be and I know it can use some help. My skin could use some help too so between these two there’s a lot of products here I can use for that. I’m excited to try some of them.

October 2, 2017 at 12:32 pm
  • What some great sounding hair care products, I have to admit I’ve only heard of a few and haven’t tried any. I need to change that ASAP though.

October 2, 2017 at 2:47 pm
  • Good review! A few of these I have tried and a few I have not. I’ll have ot look into some as I love trying new things.

October 2, 2017 at 3:35 pm
  • Jessica Hughes

I think shea butter, coconut oil and argan oil are fantastic ingredients for hair care products and they all play heavily in these products you have featured. I think all of these products sound like they are fantastic for natural hair.

October 2, 2017 at 5:45 pm
  • Julee Morrison

Some of these I’ve tried and love…some I am adding to my list. I am especially eager to try the shea butter ones. Shea butter is amazing! Thank you for this list of hair care products. My tresses are singing your name!

October 2, 2017 at 5:50 pm
  • Pam

These all sound like great hair care products for natural hair. I always see the Organix products and think they look good!

October 2, 2017 at 6:03 pm
  • Jeuelle Ottley Sam

I am such a hair junkie I think I literally have each one of these hair care products in my cabinet at home lol. I appreciated your rating system… I agree with many of your assessments.

October 2, 2017 at 6:51 pm
  • Claudia Krusch

I use Pantene’s Truly Natural Line and I love it. These are all great products to try. My hair always gets so dry in the winter.

October 2, 2017 at 7:32 pm
  • Dawn

i have tried the shea moisture brand and LOVE them. i’m always looking for great products for my curly hair! 🙂

October 2, 2017 at 7:54 pm
  • reddel

I have to be honest I really don’t use many products on my hair. But…I’m noticing that as I get older my hair is a bit dryer. Might be time to check some of these fine products out. Thanks for the recos!

October 2, 2017 at 7:54 pm
  • My afro hair definitely appreciates this list as some of these products I have not heard of before

October 2, 2017 at 9:12 pm
  • Sharon Koenig

I appreciate how thorough your reviews of all these products are! My daughter has been frustrated with her frizzy hair ever since we moved to a dry climate, so I will have to recommend some of these to her. I think the Shea Moisture styling milk is something she would especially benefit from… She needs something rich to leave in her hair that will help her style it. Thank you!

October 2, 2017 at 9:14 pm
  • Melanie E

I do not spend enough time taking care of my hair. It is always a last minute thought. I need to do a better job planning for it!

October 2, 2017 at 9:35 pm
  • Censie 'Mumby' Sawyer

My favorite is the Organix brand for my hair. My hair is so dry from the Colorado weather, no matter the season. I will have to try out some of these other options you listed. I love finding great hair routines as I age, funny how even your hair changes as you get older.

October 2, 2017 at 10:42 pm
  • The Argan oil and Shea butter conditioner sounds really nice! I could probably benefit from the extra moisture and protection this time of year.

October 3, 2017 at 12:12 am
  • Anosa Malanga VA

These are great hair product selections. I love using argan oil products and I am seeing some good improvements of my hair using it. I would love to try the other brands too. I hope it will not disappoint.

October 3, 2017 at 1:06 am
  • Adriana

Shea butter is such a must for your hair! I haven’t heard of a lot of these – definitely will be checking them out! I’m always looking for new, improved ways to keep my hair healthier for longer periods of time. It’s so important – and my hair is LONG so I cut it often too!

October 3, 2017 at 1:40 am
  • These sound like quality products for you! I like the Organix brand and buy it often.

October 3, 2017 at 7:42 am
  • Rochkirstin Santos

I love using all-natural products. The ones with argan oil and shea butter are great for the hair since these ingredients give out shine and moisture naturally. Do you have photos of the look after using the hair gel?

October 3, 2017 at 8:50 am
  • Kimberly @ Berly's Kitchen

I have the hardest time finding good hair products but usually have good luck with Argan oil and Shea butter. Pantene used to be a favorite but I haven’t used it in a long time. May have to check out the natural line you’ve mentioned. Actually a lot of these sound really good.

October 3, 2017 at 9:00 am
  • This looks like a wonderful set of products. I love the products with shea moisture in them. During this time of year, my skin can get so dry.

October 3, 2017 at 9:23 am
  • I use the Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk on my daughter and swear by it. I didn’t love Cantu on my hair when I tried it many years ago. Maybe I need to try it again.

October 3, 2017 at 9:26 am
  • Karlyn Cruz

I always love the way shea smells for sure. Organix for me is not at all pleasant. It dries out my hair and makes it weirdly thick. I mean, not in a good way either.

October 3, 2017 at 11:52 am
  • Kita Bryant

I’ve not heard of about half of these. I love finding new hair products! These all sound amazing!

October 3, 2017 at 12:42 pm
  • These are all good choices. I used to swear by the CD Hair Elixir line! Shea butter is a no-no for my locs but when I was still a loose natural I loved it as well. Thanks for sharing!

October 3, 2017 at 1:17 pm
  • Bernetta

You have some good ones on this list! I enjoy Shea Moisture!

October 3, 2017 at 1:19 pm
  • Ruthie Ridley

That Shea Moisture is our go-to!!

October 3, 2017 at 3:18 pm
  • I love shampoo that has argan oil in it. My dry hair just soaks it in. I’ll have to see which of these products would work with my stubborn hair.

October 3, 2017 at 6:30 pm
  • Carissa

Good Stuff!!! I use a combination of products, I dont think I 100% love the whole line of any company, but together they work wonders! LOL!

October 3, 2017 at 7:07 pm
  • Julie Syl

This is a right timing. I am now looking for my new hair care regimen. It those products and brands looks so interesting. I would love to try Argan and Shea butter.

October 4, 2017 at 12:39 am
  • Rose Ann Sales

Oh these look so great and interesting products.. Will definitely check and try some of these.

October 4, 2017 at 2:41 am
  • OhNikka

I love the cantu products along with Carols Daughter too. They give my hair so much shine.

October 4, 2017 at 5:56 am
  • KoKoa Magazine

I use Carol’s Daughter on my daughter’s hair. I have always loved their products. The Cantu is good too.

October 4, 2017 at 7:49 am
  • I am definitely into the Creme of Nature Perfect Edges. They have one of the best edge control gels!

October 4, 2017 at 8:15 am
  • Ola Broom

I’ve used a number of these products on my hair. It’s a great list. I have yet to try Organix though, so I’m glad to have read this roundup.

October 5, 2017 at 10:36 am
  • Tiffany Heard

I started using #1 after hair stylist used it on my hair, it worked wonders for my edges. I’ve used #10 products as well.

October 5, 2017 at 12:03 pm