11 Beautifying Benefits of 100% Pure Coconut Oil

Believe it or not, not all Caribbean Islanders love coconut! It’s not an acquired taste for me and I really don’t see the craze for the flesh, water, and jelly of this fruit. So, I got creative. I found another way to enjoy the fruit. I  began to seek out and utilize the beautifying benefits of 100% pure coconut oil. It led me right to Lapis Spa at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, and its Director of Operations, Josie Feria. Josie shares her beautiful uses for 100% pure coconut oil.

What beautifying benefits, you ask *scratching head*? Well, here’s 11 of them!

1.       Intensifying dry hair treatment

By working into wet hair, cover with a shower cap and leave on for up to 30 minutes before rinsing. Shampoo as usual. This gives hair a super shot of moisturizing power.

2.       Stimulates healthy hair growth

Massaging coconut oil into scalp conditions and moisturizes it – leaving it healthy to promote healthy growth of hair. 100% pure coconut oil will work as a compliment to Argan oil and hair growth vitamins.

3.       Fights frizz effortlessly

Try using a small amount through your hair for instant control

4.       Face the “natural” facts

Perfect for use as a makeup remover, yes…including eyes!

5.       Kissably luscious lips

Smooth some 100% pure coconut oil over those puckers to keep them moisturized and kissable. Hey, it can even be used in place of your fave lip balm *wink*.

6.       Cuticle queen status

Massage into cuticles nightly to eliminate dryness.  This stimulates healthy nail growth.

7.       Super body moisturizing power

Great for use as a normal body lotion for overall treatment, focusing especially on dry elbows. I love to whip with raw Shea Butter and Argan Oil. This mix makes body super rich butter. Add essential oils for aromatic and therapeutic benefits.

8.       Super chic body scrub

I mix my 100% pure coconut oil with sea salt/raw brown sugar and honey to exfoliate (use granulated sugar for sensitive skin).

9.       Prevents the infamous stretch marks

It’s not just coconut lotion, but butter and oil – which when applied to skin daily, prevents scarring during pregnancy. My Trinidadian heritage swears by this *wink*.

10.   Sweet, soothing salve and body balm

Apply to skin irritated by poison ivy, oak or sumac.

11.   Gorgeous Kissable feet

Rub those feet, making sure to hydrate and condition skin with your pure coconut oil, which also great for combating athlete’s foot and low-level fungus (Ewww, I know).

So tell me how anyone could not love this amazing fruit? I mean, yeah I hate the taste, but I friggin’ adore the head-to-toe treatment. How about you?

SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

• Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle

Thank you so much for sharing all of these! I had no idea that coconut could be used for so much!

September 26, 2017 at 8:57 am
  • I love coconut oil, however the only things I will not do with it are put it on my face and in my hair! I made those mistakes in the past and they did not serve me very well. It made my already thin hair LIMPPPPPP and flat and it actually made my face break out! I have other oils (like avocado oil) that I put on my face… But I need to start using coconut oil as an all over body moisturizer… I know it would be insanely beneficial!

September 26, 2017 at 9:25 am
  • Jennifer Van Huss

I love coconut oil!! It is amazing in cooking and now i find it is amazing in a lot of other ways! I’ll have to give this a few of things!

September 26, 2017 at 7:55 pm
  • Coconut oil is amazing!! I love all these great ideas! We use it for our pets too! Thank you for the inspirarion and some great new ways to benefit from coconut oil!!

September 26, 2017 at 8:51 pm
  • Leah

I love coconut oil! I follow the Keto diet so I use coconut oil quite a bit…especially to make fat bombs! I also like using it in my hair!

September 26, 2017 at 9:11 pm
  • Marysa

I love coconut oil.. I even have my 10-year-old using it for lots of things! Such a great thing to have on hand, thanks for sharing other uses too!

September 26, 2017 at 9:25 pm
  • reddel

Coconut’s are like God’s perfect food. Coconut oil seems to be good for just about everything. Literally everything. I have such trouble with my cuticles I’m going to try coconut oil on them tonight. Great tip!

September 26, 2017 at 10:08 pm
  • paulaschuck

I sometimes use coconut oil for things like easy DIY deodorant. I have heard it is great for hair. I used it on skin before too though and yes it does work really well. And in fact I have also used it for cooking.

September 26, 2017 at 10:37 pm
  • I love coconut oil!! It is definitely one of my most used beauty items…it’s the BEST for removing stubborn eye makeup and for moisturizing!!

September 27, 2017 at 4:44 am
  • Anosa Malanga VA

I researched about coconut oil and indeed it has many uses. Even the whole coconut tree, it amazed me a lot learning about how useful the tree is. Everything has a use.

September 27, 2017 at 5:00 am
  • Marceline Dementori

I’ve heard so much about coconut oil and all its benefits. It’s really amazing to be able to use it and the best part is that it doesn’t have chemicals or toxins that can harm our body.

September 27, 2017 at 7:54 am
  • Kelly Reci

I really love to use coconut oil for my skin regimen. It leaves my skin so soft and smooth.

September 27, 2017 at 8:31 am
  • I use coconut oil for EVERYTHING! It is so awesome and has so many uses.

September 27, 2017 at 8:44 am
  • Julie Syl

I used coconut oil scrub and for my hair care. It’s so awesome because coconut oil has a lot of benefits.

September 27, 2017 at 8:55 am
  • Kathy

These are all great! I love using coconut oil. I like that they have so many great benefits.

September 27, 2017 at 9:26 am
  • We use coconut oil for EVERYTHING in our house so we always have it on hand. Found a few new uses in here, too. Thanks!

September 27, 2017 at 10:33 am
  • I LOVE coconut oil! It really helps my skin stay hydrated!

September 27, 2017 at 2:57 pm
  • Eileen Mendoza Loya

I use coconnut oil as a hot oil treatment for my hair. It makes my hair softer, fuller and shinier. Prevents hair fall too.! Oh, and I also add one half tablespoon of coconut oil in my dog’s feeding dish. It keeps the fleas away.

September 27, 2017 at 3:15 pm
  • Lena B

Coconut oil has so many awesome benefits! I use some of these but need to use more of it. However my all time favorite is putting it in tea while I am not feeling well – great disinfectant

September 27, 2017 at 5:29 pm
  • Chloe

I actually have a whole jar of this at home that I’ve been looking at cooking recipes with but now I might use it for beauty treatments! Especially now that it is hot, I am going to need all the moisturizing I can get haha. It smells soooo good too!

September 27, 2017 at 9:14 pm
  • Cherri Littleton Megasko

I love that coconut oil is so hot right now. I hope it helps the economies of the poor tropical nations that are surrounded by coconut trees. I’m in Belize right now and women actually sell it – homemade – from the side of the road. I love it!

September 27, 2017 at 11:39 pm
  • My son has been using coconut oil for his hair since he’s trying to grow it out but I had no idea how many other uses there were. Great information! Thanks so much!

September 28, 2017 at 4:32 pm
  • When I gave birth to my daughter, my skin started to break out a lot on my back and shoulders. My sister bought some pure coconut oil for me to apply after I take a shower. I had great results!

September 28, 2017 at 5:22 pm
  • TColeman

Coconut oil seriously helps with so many things. I discovered it and have never looked back!

September 28, 2017 at 6:00 pm
  • Karlyn Cruz

I might have to just soak my disgusting feet in coconut oil! Seems like it’s always getting cracked no matter what I do! I love these secrets and with a really great ingredient!

September 29, 2017 at 12:06 am